Carol sent the following email. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. My favorite is number 2.
“SIX LITTLE STORIES WITH LOTS OF MEANINGS
1. Once all villagers decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer, all the people gathered, but only one boy came with an umbrella. That is faith.
2. When you throw babies in the air, they laugh because they know you will catch them. That is trust.
3. Every night we go to bed without any assurance of being alive the next morning, but still we set the alarms to wake up. That is hope.
4. We plan big things for tomorrow in spite of zero knowledge of the future. That is confidence.
5. We see the world suffering, but still, we get married and have children. That is love.
6. On an old man’s shirt was written a sentence ‘I am not 80 years old; I am sweet 16 with 64 years of experience.’ That is attitude.
Have a happy day and live your life like these six stories.
Remember – Good friends are the rare jewels of life, difficult to find and impossible to replace!!”
Today, as you begin this new day, remember to be a person of faith, trust, hope, confidence, love, attitude, and cherish your friends. You can live this way because God thinks of you continually. You are never alone.
When the Jews felt completely cut off and alone, God spoke through Isaiah to reminded them of his undying love, “ But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.” “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.” (Isaiah 49:14-16)
God loves you so much, your name engraved on the palms of his hands. That means a lot.
Prayer: Dear Gracious Heavenly God, help me live life to its fullest. Let me be a person who brings others into your wonderful, healing light. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Some things matter. Some things don’t. Concentrate on what matters.
I pray your day is filled with joy and laughter.